Thursday, June 2, 2011

for my sister, a poem to accompany you through the years to come....



Still, breath lingers

Hair carved onto my bare shoulders

Words anticipating their release by my tinted lips

Emotions yearns to dance along the velvety smoothness of your skin

My love, never was it my intention

To make you wait another thousand years.


Still, I stand cold

Nibbling on every words you’ve said

As like promises written on sand they too gets washed

By cresting waves of life and everchanging tides of nature

My love, my heart is weeping as I pray

Would you please wait another thousand years?


Still, wavering in the wind

Lonely shall accompany me through

Another century of broken leaves and melting snow

As the rusty moon gently mouth beside my stone cold ears

My love, there’s no any other way of living

If not by your side

Even if it takes many eternities, just to hold your hands again.


2 comments:

atiqah muhamad said...

This is very beautiful. The feeling of losing someone so dear is something I can never describe.

Derick Tenh P.S said...

thanks dear, lets hope you'll never have to ;)