Thursday, March 8, 2012

Finding lost.

How long must I hold my breath

Before I’m able to find your scent again?


Sitting on a bed of dying bent

Lifeless hays fill my skin

This bag of rusty bones and dusty flesh

Blown over dried seas of reminiscence

Seeking for that only scent

Of my missing soul


How high must I climb these steps

Before I’m able to reach your hands again?


Faltering on a muddy path of sorrow

Dark rain soaks my thin veil

Slipping over and over your footsteps

Calling, hailing, gasping out that spell

That very one word that brings

Pulse to my dying heart


How far must I stare into the sky

Before I’m able to catch a glimpse of your silhouette again?


Floating in a blue painting of a starry night

Swinging from a burning star to another

Clinging onto the sharp edges

Letting pain pierce through my palms

Dripping along that green dark vein

Blood seeping out of my life


How deep must I bury myself in this cold dark earth

Before I’m able to feel your arms around me again?


Lying bare and exposed in this space underground

Wondering if life has ever even existed

Within your tight embrace

As my fingers clutches your bare shoulders

Holding ourselves into each other

With my every breath…


Still I can’t seem to find you

No matter what I do

No matter where I look

No matter how much I cry

Or how long I wait


You just ceased to exist.



0 comments: