Saturday, April 11, 2009

If Only You'd Follow

I walk for days
Touching the wind that flies by
Counting the clouds that drift over
Pulling a feeling that grows bitter
A luggage filled by nothing but photographs
As it gets heavier by the steps
Every single piece is a part of me
That I have to discard in order to move ahead
Every single piece contains the you that I remember
That I miss every single step of the way
Tugging at my heart string
I take them out one by one
Shred them into fragments
Into a trail that would lead you to me
A trails that follows me through this long winding road
As you pick every bit of our memory
Collecting parts and parcels that makes us whole
For every single piece of them
Reminds you that I had left
Leaving behind the feelings I thought we'd shared
Turning away from every frame of portraits
That mark our every summer every spring
Leaving behind everything but a heart
That was carved into a tomb of ice
A tomb that I'm carrying along with me
I may have not seen the world as you
You failed to see the region of my heart
Fenced by a believe of red
Laid widespread around you for all this time
If only you’d noticed
If only you’d cared
As I journey into the winters alone
Counting autumn leaves in my shattered dreams
Waiting for you to come and find me here
To bring me back to our home again
Alas the season failed to change
I build my own rainbow out of snow
And spray every colour in my blood
To paint a final picture of joy
To leave a final picture of hope

So please hasten your pace and track me up
Before my last rainbow melts and disappear
Leaving behind but a puddle of wasted heart
Cluttered by nothing but footsteps of yesterday.

0 comments: