Sunday, December 13, 2009

a weekend with myself

It's a longer weekend. (though would much prefer it to be even LONGER)
But I'm proud to say that i've spent the past three days, almost entirely on my own! No dates, no drinks with friends, no being Mc'Notty, nor any other things of that sort. I, for the first time, am actually comfortable going about doing things on my own. yesterday, i spent the day working at home, then drove out to get some work done, then went for a very late brunch in Bangsar, then walked around and did some light shopping, before i hit the gym. And for once, it didn't feel odd or awkward for me to be doing all these on my own.

i must admit that, while i was having lunch, i looked around and i saw the patrons at other tables, sitting together, with lovers or friends, happily chatting away, or indulging in some PDA, the thought of envy did flashed across my mind. but it was momentary, before i quickly realize that, this is serenity i'm feeling, not envy nor loneliness.

I know I know, some of you should be going "there he goes again.... DENIAL!" by now. but i admit, ever since don't-know-when, i simply forgotten how it was like to be alone. I have some close friends around me who claims that they are very comfortable being alone and they ARE constantly spending their time in solidarity. But who are they kidding? they wouldn't be out & about with others all the time if they do. enough said, its easier to preach than do. so i'm not about to write a sermon here.

but i've vowed to myself, from now on, i'm going to be comfortable being with only myself. I don't need to have plans up to my neck, coz i'm just simply happy being with myself. doing thing that entertains no one but me :) (though i must admit that my idea of entertainment could be perceived as slightly bizarre by others)

I am contented. I may not have much, i may not do much, i may not know much, but i am contented.

may i have more of these optimistic days to come. Cheerio!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great now that you've for mother serenity. So, what's next?

Iva said...

thats good you've found contentment in being alone :) i wish i could feel that way too whenever im alone..but it gets depressing for me -_-" hahah maybe someday i'll finally feel comfortable being on my own..someday :)

Derick Tenh P.S said...

as a friend has enlightened me:

'Life is short so travel light. don't burden yourself down with materialistic or relationship baggage.'