Saturday, August 11, 2007

my life, my present, my future

i
me
mine
myself
individual





















i, knoe, i know, life doesn't just evolves around me. but lately, for me(there i go again), it seems as if i've lose connection with myself(and again). i dunno how to explain it. maybe its jus tat i've been so busy with making plans for others, doing things for others, that i've forgotten about me(over and over again).
i'm not trying to say that i'm noble or anything here, but i believe all my frens who are goin through these agonizing 3 months wud raise all fours in agreement. bein an english teacher does take more than a good command of the language.

last week was a good week for me. it was excruciatingly tiring, but nonetheless, it was good. even yesterday(yup, Saturday) turned out to be great. i love my students and i enjoy spending time with them. they enjoy my lessons, most of it anyway, and always end up refusing to leave. yesterday for example, i played charade with 2 Kempas(thanx adrian). i showed them a list of idioms of animals on the projector, and then started the game. the winning group gets to choose any music video to watch as their reward. from all the music videos i hav on my 2GB Tomato flashdrive tat i jus bought(love it), they didn't surprise me by choosing sean kingston's Beautiful Girl. after enjoyin it, they refused to go back to class. all of them hang on to their chairs and pleaded me for another one. well, bein the soft-hearted fool tat i am, i gave in. and this time i was quite surprised when they chose Paris Hilton's Nothing in this World. Before when they r finally gettin ready to go bek to their class, they thanked me and sum even say 'we love u teacher'(awwwwwwwwwww.....) and this one gurl came up to me and said that 'this is the best english lesson ever.'
well, u might say tat kids can be pretty manipulative sumtimes. but i jus can't help but let them get to me. i mean, it just makes all da hardwork, and sleepless nite i've spend slaving over a couple of nerve-breaking lesson plans so worth it, just so very worth it. heheh, maybe da ministry of edu should consider hiring me as their spokeperson for encouraging ppl to join da teachin profession.
my kids, all 150 of them, can be a pain in the ass at times. but most of the time, they are just so bloody adorable.(or issit jus my 'motherly'-instinct talkin there?) the time for me to be there, bein in school, is made bearable by these kids. everytime i go into class, i hav to be constantly on my toes coz their a very clever bunch for 14 years old. however, i guess it jus makes it easier for me to relate with them. they've seen so many sides of me, the 'brilliant' and 'know it all' me, the 'forgetful' me(who tend to leave things behind in class) or even the 'forget to go for classes' me, the 'blur' me(when i took the key for blk tayangan, n intended to open blk tayangan for them to go in, but ended up trying to unlock the library. after trying to unlock the door for around five minutes and failing to do so, then only my bunch of student told me, while laughing their head off. one of them even said 'teacher, ur so blur la', 'now u know how blur i am' was the only thing i could squeeze out of my blushing face), the 'so-angry-i-look-like-i'm-gonna-go-on-a-rampage-and- shoot-everyone-with-a-riffle' me, etc.
at the end of these three months, i think the only things i'm gonna remember, and misses the most, are these brats, these 150 brat who mostly insist on callin me 'teacher' instead of 'Mr.Tenh'. these brats, these bloody spoiled brats, love them to pieces.



1 comments:

Mel said...

Totally know what you're talking about! And yes, raised on fours! Couldn't agree more... it's funny how we go through the same experiences even though we're in different schools. See you on Mon (20 Aug) Tenh!