Sunday, August 19, 2007

the return

does the title sounds familiar?

offcoz it does u bong-bong,
here.....



















ring any bell?

i dunno why, the idea of goin home tomolo, jus make me feel... how do i put it? reluctant? solicitous? precarious? or issit jus butterflies? i'm really cryptic about this. what i'm feelin inside is clearly fluctuating what i expect myself to feel after such a long absence frm home.

or issit the journey itself tat's detering me frm feelin a shred of excitement over all this? the mere idea of bein in a confined, tightly-windowed, four-wheeled vehicle with my brother does seems awfully like a potential put off to the joy absent in this homecoming trip.

or else, why wud i still be up at this hour, with an awfully thick book on my lap, refusing to give my body the much needed rest?
it is quite an interesting book though. i've been goin to every bookstore, trying to track it down. now tat i've finally found it, i hardly have time to even flip through the pages, sigh.... life as a trainee teacher does drains every last drip of humanly quality in me.

























anyway, since i'm wide awake, infront of the computer, readin this thick book, listening to sum crappy/sappy ol-chinese songs, while drinking a gallon of ribena, i mite as well make the most out of it by......

guess what?

writing a poem, muaheheheh.....

so here it goes-------->>>

away
far though it seems
my mind flee, dissolving into thousand
pieces of loneliness that reeks of disapprovals
what am i seeking, hoping to reap here
as if anything matters
anyway

hover
feelings accumulating
my heart wrenches, scattering on my
pale time-worn ceiling that speaks to me at night
not to hesitate as it is not a choice
however

race
time that passes by
brush through, strands of graying youth
until the final grain drained in crestfallen denial
partially fulfilled dreams, eyes can only
retrace

























pardon my swelled-head....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get what you mean about not wanting to go back or somehow can't. It's understood. I feel that way too at times and sometimes, you only feel that excitement when you have finally reached the place, your hometown to be specific.

Well, you are here so, and you have me, how unfortunate or fortunate it may be.Let's just make do with the holidays.

Nice poem but i feel that it's a little too wordy. I need to read it for the second time to grasp the whole meaning. Not bad i may say!

Derick Tenh P.S said...

yah, thank god v hav each other at times like this.

too wordy? tats new, heheh... actually, i was so clumsy i left out 1 line each frm stanza 2 & 3. did u noticed? heheh... malas to fix it liao, so jus let it be. maybe it wud make it even more extraodinary, muahahaha...