Monday, January 12, 2009

1000 (edited: thanks to 'Polarbear')

1000

A thousand years
More than thousand days of longing
More than thousand nights of hollow
Incomplete i stood by myself
Waiting for a promise of uncertain realization
Holding on to words that were merely said once
As i continue to wait
Alone and alone


A thousand years
More than thousand hours of hoping
More than thousand minutes of fearing
Everything around me moves by the second
Still like a sculpture welded by time as it passes by
Benumb from the feeling that burns within me
All the more reasons
As i whisper to myself


A thousand sidereal years
A thousand frozen revolutions about the sun
Of thousand days, hours, minutes, seconds
As I picture you
The contour of your face
Your silhouette grows
In every corner of my heart
Trying to piece together the you I thought I knew
The you who's promises i held onto
And will keep holding on
For even if it takes

Another thousand years

0 comments: