Saturday, October 13, 2007

1000

1000

A thousand years
More than 365000 days of longingness
More than 365000 nights of hollowness
Without completeness i stood by myself
Waiting for a promise of uncertain realization
Holding on to words that was only said once
As i continue to wait
Alone and alone


A thousand years
More than 8766000 hours of hoping
More than 525960000 minutes of fearing
Everything around me moves by the second
Still like a sculpture welded by time as it passes by
Benumb by the feelings that burns from within me
All the more reasons
As i whisper to myself


A thousand sidereal years
A thousand revolution about the sun
Of 365 days, 6 hours, 9 minutes, 9.54 seconds
As I picture you together in my mind
The contour of your face while your silhouette
Grows in every corner of my heart
Trying to piece the you that I once thought I knew
The you that promises i held on till this moment
And will keep holding on to
For even if it takes

Another thousand years





















( I wrote this after watchin a Doraemon movie, its funny where we can get our inspiration from, its usually the oddest things in life that inspire us.... )


8 comments:

Mel said...

I like this Tenh...So much! It goes with the music in the back ground of your blog...Strange, I seem to have felt this before...somewhere hidden in the bank of my emotions. Thank you for tapping in to it even more and putting these feelings down in words. :) You have so much talent, you know that?

Derick Tenh P.S said...

(>_<)(") Thank u, its great to know tat sum1 appreciates it.
i know wat u mean. i've always had da same weird mushy feeling inside, so i tried to put them into words n c where it will take me =)
glad tat u like da music too, its my fav---the cinematic orchestra, their album Ma Fleur is great, try listenin to it =)

ping said...

eh...I wan d music ....And, u know, I detest poetry, but I cant say so to tis 1000, I really relish it :)

Derick Tenh P.S said...

haha, wokay, glad tat i was able to change(or at least 'amplify')ur attitude towards poetry =P
i'll give u all their albums nextime i c u.
when is tat by da way?

Anonymous said...

What up with poetry...once i get started everyone decides to write...Amirza is doing it also...LOL!!

Honestly, i dislike math and i don't like silly cartoons like Doremon, but i like this poetry...i can so feel your loneliness or shall i say the persona's loneliness...it takes one to know one...so, you and me pal, we are on the same boat.

Derick Tenh P.S said...

hahahz, i posted this wayyyy before u have ur poetry blog. so, I WIN!!! =P

FYI, doraemon is not silly, its the best cartoon in da world, next to spongebob, wildthornberries, carebears, the rugrats, etc.... =)

yah, i have to agree with u on da math part, i had to use a calculator to write this poem =P. and yes, it does takes one to know one. but ur not lonely now aren't you? You have ur better half. although he can't always be by ur side, but u at least can take comfort frm knowing tat there's sum1 there for u. So best of luck with tat =)

Anonymous said...

Having someone by title is one thing and having a someone someone is another yet. I don't want it to just be be by title...it doesn't make you any less lonelier...you know...Just that some of us has resulted to escapism.

Derick Tenh P.S said...

well, i guess to a certain extend, ur making a point there. i guess we're all born lonely into this world. even if we have partners, family and all, but sumhow deep inside, da soul is still lonely.
wokay, thats wat my next poem will be about =P